We recently had a customer email us with a problem with his ART-160.
They installed the monitor with the sensors and all that jazz, and when they plugged it in it powered up just fine. All of the installed sensors were detected and everything was just peachy keen. However, they're having trouble with powering the monitor down. Every time they hit the power, it stays on the "Maintaining Save in Progress" message screen and never actually shuts down. They have had to unplug the constant power supply in order to shut it off.
Our current (no pun intended ) theory is that his problem may have to do with a bad power connection, so here are just a few reminders for when you're hooking up your monitor to a power supply:
- DO Connect the ART power wires to the battery (unless it is on a CAT MT- tractor with the battery disconnect switch)
- DON'T connect power wires to the starter.
- DON'T connect ground wires to the cab frame (usually isolated mounts).
- DON'T connect power wires to a cigarette plug
- DON'T connect to the same terminals as a VHF radio or Flexicoil control
We'll keep you updated on the problem if it turns out to be something else!