Troubleshooting Intermittent errors
6 years 7 months ago #4896
Please follow the troubleshooting procedure for intermittent errors outlined below:
1. Knowledge of basic Agtron ART system troubleshooting
2. Two 20 ft. Sensor Extension Cables (Agtron part number 9ARTX20)
For Stationary System Testing:
1. Check all cables for stretching or pinching. Clean any connections that may have been left open and re-apply silicone grease (Agtron part number 850039001). Look for damaged cable jackets from over-tightened tie-straps.
2. Spray sensors with water if indication that the system fails after rain. Try to spray the sensor body where the cables join.
3. Disconnect the last Seed Sensor output cable from the extension.
4. Disconnect tower #2 from tower #1 and check the diagnostic message. For example, if there are 10 sensors on tower #1, there should be an error showing no connection to sensor 11.
5. Reconnect tower #2 to tower #1.
6. Disconnect tower #3 from tower #2 and check the diagnostic message.
7. Repeat for all towers.
8. Reconnect the last sensor output cable to the extension. The loop should now be complete, with no errors.
9. Set the blockage sensitivity to mid-point. For example, if the range is 1 to 100, set it to 50.
10. Make sure the fan is off. Verify that each sensor reads as blocked on the second cycle.
For Errors Which Occur Only When Seeding:
1. Bypass all the towers except tower #1 and check for reliable operation while seeding. Bypass individual Seed Sensors until reliable operation is achieved.
2. Add tower #2 and check for reliable operation. Bypass individual Seed Sensors until reliable operation is achieved.
3. Repeat for all towers.
4. If a reliable loop cannot be made with a single Seed Sensor, replace the main extensions, Y cable and sensor extensions.